TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated on the 26/10/2011
This website is operated by Lategan & van Biljoens here forth to be referred to as (LVB/we/our/us). This document will outline the terms and conditions of this service to you, the customer, here forth referred to as (you/your) and any transactions you make (use/using). It is not our responsibility to inform you of the terms and conditions for use of this website. We recommend that you print and keep a copy. This document will be valid from the date listed at the top of the document.
1. General use of service
1.1 By using our website you signify that you accept the terms and conditions.
1.2 we reserve the right to change any of the terms and conditions on this website at any point. Our new terms and conditions will take effect as soon as they are uploaded onto our website. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any changes in this document.
1.3 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authorization to use the website for any commercial purposes.
1.4 Some of the transactions on this website will require registration and any further use will require and approved username and password. Any information you supply should be accurate and complete as not to hinder our service to you. All confirmed log in details can be withdrawn by us at any time, at our sole discretion. Any log in details supplied to you are for your sole use only, is non-transferrable and must be treated as strictly confidential. If you have any concerns that your details are being misused, contact us immediately.
2.1 We carry an extensive range of pattern, universal and original parts for household appliance spares.
2.2 Due to the nature of the business not all of our spare parts are from the original factories and have been manufactured by reputable companies.
2.3 All of the parts are suitable for the machines they have been listed for.
2.4 Please note that mistakes in the information can be made at times. We strive to correct these mistakes and check our database on a regular basis. We accept no responsibility for wrongly supplied spares that may cause damage to an appliance. It is the technician responsibility to insure they have the correct part before installing them in an appliance.
3. Quoting and purchasing
3.1 Please refer to “how to use this website” and “quoting process” for more information on how to use this service. All quotes you request on this site are subject to acceptance of our terms and conditions.
3.2 The 'confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your Quote. Following this, we will send to you an email detailing the parts you have asked to be quoted and there prices. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Lategan & van Biljoens.
3.3 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
3.4 Please note that all quote prices are only valid for 5 days. Due to the nature of our business prices change on a regular basis. we endeavour to keep prices constant. if the price quote does change we will notify you immediately of any changes. If you do not accept the change in price we will supply you with a full refund, where payment has been made.
3.5 We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website, and therefore, please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for your own records. If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please Contact us.
4.1 All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
4.2 Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in a Quote email or over the phone. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales; however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver.
4.3 Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
5.1 We take payment from your card or send an invoice for EFT at the time we receive your confirmation (over the phone, email or in person), once we have checked your card or account details and stock availability. (Parts are subject to availability) In the event that we are unable to supply the parts you require, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the Parts.
5.2 To ensure that your credit, charge card or account is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to us doing to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected.
5.3 All invoices sent out for EFT must be paid into our account within 5 working days of receiving the invoice. Any payments that are not completed in this time will be cancelled.
5.4 The price you pay is the price displayed on the Quote email at the time we receive your order apart from the following exception:
a) While we try and ensure that all prices quotes sent to you are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the parts you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the parts, you will receive a full refund.
5.5 Payment can be made by any method specified in How to use this website. For information about secure online ordering see Security.
5.6 Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
5.7 All prices are shown on the quote email, are in Rands, and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise
6. Returns, Cancellations and Substitutions
6.1 We do not accept returns on any electrical goods that have already been connected. Further to this it is at the discretion of our credit team to determine whether the goods have been connected to a power supply.
6.2 All our non-electrical goods come with a warranty in accordance with supplier specifications. Please retain your electronic or delivery invoice for future reference of the warranty period. We will not accept products brought on good faith.
6.3 Credits for goods delivered, if faulty or damaged, is made at our discretion. If goods are faulty the part must be returned in original packaging with the invoice and delivery note.
7. Intellectual Property
7.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain, at all times, our property. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
7.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
8.1 Lategan & van Biljoens will take no responsibility for any consequential or indirect, damage or loss suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with goods sold.
8.2 No leniency granted by Lategan & van Biljoens shall not constitute a waiver of the right to enforce the conditions laid out in this document.
The Lategan & van Biljoens website is operated by:
Lategan & van Biljoens
Registered in South Africa with Company Number:
We recommend you print out a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
If you have any questions regarding the website, please see the Customer services section for more information and full contact details.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Lategan & van Bijoens on this website and by using the Lategan & van biljoens website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
(b) To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
(c) To analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, and offers and so on by any of the following methods:
Telephone (including automated calls)
SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
(including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from either us or carefully chosen third parties.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We may give information about you to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you as follows:
(a) To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
(b) To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(c) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses.
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
10. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
11. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure online shopping.
12. You have the right to see personal data that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
13. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.